Forty Thieves is a solitaire card game. It is quite difficult to win, and relies mostly on skill. It is also known as Napoleon at Saint Helena, Roosevelt at San Juan, Big Forty and Le Cadran.
- Two decks are used (104 cards).
- Deal ten tableau piles of four cards each, all face up and all visible.
- Leave space for eight foundation piles above the tableau piles.
- You may only move the top card from any tableau. You may place any card in an empty tableau space.
- The tableaus are built down by suit.
- The foundations are built up by suit, from ace to king.
- You may deal one card at a time from the stock to the waste.
- You may use the top card from the waste.
- You may only go through the stock once.
- The object of the game is to move all the cards to the foundations.